How to start broadcast
- A fast internet connection, like cable internet or DSL (wired internet connections is better),your upload speed has to be minimum 2 Mbps. If you are streaming from other platforms simultaneously, 2 Mbps will not be enough, in this case you should have a higher upload speed (and also if you are streaming with OBS). Streaming will work with slower upload speeds, but the quality of your stream would not good at all.
- You should close all unneeded apps when you are streaming (e.g. Browsers, torrents, Skype). These 2 requirements are highly crucial because bad internet connection may result in earning less money and decreasing your rating
- You need to have webcam that has a built-in microphone or a webcam and a separate microphone.
- We advise to stream with OBS for the purpose of achieving better video and audio quality and thus, carry out a professional broadcast.
- The will to have fun and communicate with a lot of viewers!
Computer requirements to start broadcast correctly on Stripchat?
- Operating systems: Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.9. Other OS are fine but may not be as effective as Windows 10
- Processor: Quad-Core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or better
- Internet connection: broadband connection with minimum 2 Mbps upload speed (and you need more in case you are broadcasting with OBS or from multiple platforms simultaneously)
What cameras are the recommended ones?
For the purpose of streaming with great camera feed, we advise you to use
- Logitech C920: http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920
- Logitech BCC950: http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/conferencecam-bcc950?crid=1667
Any of these webcams might provide HD quality throughout your future shows.
Camera splitter to broadcast correctly
There are a big variety of splitters which may be used (but double check that you choose the resolution which we use on our site). Nevertheless, there is a splitter which probably better than others because of its high flexibility and options to stream: http://very-soft.com/product/webcamsplitter.
How can I clear the cookies cache of my browser?
In order to clear your browser’s cookie cache, you need to complete the following steps, which are explained here: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
It is very helpful to avoid glitches, thus it is heavily advised to do it before beginning every stream.
My webcam is not functioning properly, what can I do?
There may be several reasons:
1. Lagging: Check that you use cable and not WiFi. WiFi may not be able to provide enough stability for broadcasting.
Moreover, your processor may be overloaded because it runs too many unneeded applications or browser tabs. Close all apps and browser tabs which you don’t need while you stream. Flash downloads and installs many temporary files, that may slow down your browser. Each week, you have to check if you cleared the cookies cache of your browser.
2. Slow/blurry image: this can happen because of the incorrect camera parameters, make sure you don’t make radical changes anytime you configure the camera parameters.
3. Pixelated image, wrong aspect ratio: this is because of the various resolution chosen in the splitter compared to what you broadcast on the website. Always use identical resolution as what you have chosen on Stripchat.
4. Blank camera feed: In case your viewers are not able to see your camera image, then stop streaming, wait a few minutes, reload the page (by pressing F5 / FN + F5 on the keyboard) and begin streaming again.
5. Black camera feed: No camera device is chosen as a source on the website or the incorrect camera device is chosen as a source in your splitter. Make sure that you select the right video source before beginning the broadcast and don’t choose the camera which is already selected by the splitter on the “Start broadcasting” page.